Kosharnaya Galina Borisovna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, head of sub-department of sociology and human resource management, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Tolubaeva Lyudmila Timofeevna, Candidate of philosophy, associate professor, sub-department of sociology
and human resource management, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. It is important to identify citizens’ moral values to form a civil society and a democratic state in Russia. Students today influence the vector of the modern society development. That is why studying the younger generation’s spiritual and moral values is of great significance. The paper analyses spiritual and moral values of the regional community students.
Materials and methods. The research objectives were accomplished by analyzing the results of the survey conducted with University students in Penza, Ufa, Saransk, and Kazan. Much attention was paid to the study of students’ attitude to such spiritual and moral values as life, liberty, patriotism, tolerance. The system and functional approaches were used as a methodological basis for the research. Conducting surveys in the form of questionnaires, cross-cultural research and a comparative method were the main methods of obtaining empirical results.
Results. The study of University students’ spiritual and moral values allowed us to identify their role in the value system and the way they affect their attitude to life.
Conclusions. The study of spiritual and moral values of University students revealed different types of values in the students’ community. The study confirmed the necessity of forming a system of students’ spiritual and moral values.
university students, students’ values, freedom, communication, patriotism, tolerance.
1. Giddens E. Sotsiologiya. Glossariy: osnovnye ponyatiya i vazhneyshie terminy [Sociology. Glossary: basic notions and important terms]. Available at: http://voluntary.ru/dictionary/577/
2. Parsons T., Shilz E., Olds D. Tsennosti, motivy i sistemy deystviya [Values, motives and systemic actions]. Moscow: Akademicheskiy Proekt, 2002.
3. Parsons T. O strukture sotsial'nogo deystviya [On the structure of social action]. Moscow: Akademicheskiy Proekt, 2000.
4. Lapin N. I. Mir Rossii [World of Russia]. 2011, no. 2.
5. Yadov V. A. Sotsial'nye transformatsii v Rossii: teorii, praktiki, sravnitel'nyy analiz [Social transformations in Russia: theories, practices, comparative analysis]. Moscow: Flinta, Mosk. psikhologo-sots. in-t, 2005.
6. Lapin N. I. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 1996, no. 5.
7. Gorshkov M. K., Sheregi F. E. Molodezh' Rossii: sotsiologicheskiy portret [Youth in Russia: sociological portrait]. Moscow: Tsentr sots. prognozirovaniya i marketinga, 2010.
8. Drobizheva L. M. Sotsial'nye problemy mezhnatsional'nykh otnosheniy v postsovetskoy Rossii [Social problems of international relations in post-soviet Russia]. Moscow: In-t sotsiologii Ros. akademii nauk, 2003.